Anna's Reviews > Never Cry Werewolf

Never Cry Werewolf by Heather Davis

May 03, 2011

bookshelves: drama, romance, young-adult, werewolves

Wow, I think I might have to go to camp and see if I can find myself a werewolf then.

Shelby gets caught after curfew kissing a boy outside of her house by her stepmother. This time she cant get out of it and is sent to camp for the summer. But it's not the leisurely camp with sports or canoe rides down the river - this is brat camp. It's where the rich send their children for hard work, therapy, and to learn discipline. It's basically the worst possible way to spend your summer.
Shelby, at least, isn't going to the worst of these camps. While talking to the rest of the campers, she realizes that she's going to have to work hard at not shooting off her mouth this summer. Just when she thinks she might be able to take care of herself, a boy appears.
This boy is Austin, he's the son of a famous, crazy musician and is a Brit. He wears a leather coat in the boiling summer sun and has a deep, dark secret that would ruin his family if it got out.
Once Shelby finds out the truth she has to get over her shock and help him, he needs his medicine to stop the werewolf change or the camp might be in for a shock. They eventually end up in the woods together on a full moon and Austin changes into a Werewolf. He saves her from a wild cat and in the process he gets hurt, so she has to take him back to camp. Her step-mother consequently sends her to a military brat camp for disobeying orders.

This book has two brilliant protagonists and also some other amazing minor characters. The conversations are funny and touching at points. The romance is brilliant and sweet and I think that the two protagonists couldn't be better suited. A definite 5 stars.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Cry Werewolf.