Megan 's Reviews > The Ethical Slut: A Guide to Infinite Sexual Possibilities

The Ethical Slut by Dossie Easton

May 01, 11

bookshelves: 2011-read-and-re-read, non-fic
Read in April, 2011

A book that was lent to me and I breezed through it relatively quickly. Reading it was interesting, but I'm not sure what I learned from it. Poli - by definition - covers alot of territory and there are types of variations and permutations. This book offers a high level view without really getting into deep into details. It really seems to focus more on the authors's version of poli and, while reading, I kept getting the underlying impression that monogamy was prudish and just not fun. The constant use of sluts didn't really desensitive me to the word (empowering me to redefine it as a less than perjorative word), it just kept reinforcing that they were focusing more on their brand of poli that seems to focus more on sex than relationships.

Some of the elements were interesting - ideas behind jealousy, agreements, communication that really apply to all relationships - monogomous or polyamorous and gave me some food for thought. I suspect that alot of those concepts are found in other books dealing with relationships or personal growth - so I'm not sure how much new ground is actually covered (I'm not one for self help type books).
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ethical Slut.