Isabel Roman's Reviews > Night of the Living Trekkies

Night of the Living Trekkies by Kevin David Anderson

May 01, 11

Read in April, 2011

Where Star Trek and zombies collide--I kid you not!

Confession: I've actually been to a Trek Con. Did not dress up but stood in line for autographs and bought stuff...and more stuff. I even own a bat'leth...somewhere. I've watched Galaxy Quest and enjoyed it immensely.

Yes, I am one of those.

When I heard about this book, I had to get it. It's much different than a lot of zombie books out there--more zombies than Pride & Prejudice and Zombies, which I thought had too few zombies and needed to plug up some zombie-sized plot holes.

Here you have the addition of Star Trek and a man just back from several Afghanistan tours who isn't settling back into everyday life. Unlike a couple other zombie books I've read (see above mentioned Pride & Prejudice and Zombies) there's a plot without major holes and a satisfying ending

If you like Trek, or even have a passing interest in it, read this book. I may be slightly biased cause of my Trek love, but I think it can be read by Trek fans and zombie fans alike without to much confusion. It's a quick easy read--it'll never win any literature prizes but then the best books rarely do.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night of the Living Trekkies.