Joe Hempel's Reviews > Killer Profile

Killer Profile by Max Allan Collins

May 03, 11

bookshelves: 100-books-in-2011
Read from May 01 to 02, 2011

Criminal Minds is one of the best shows on TV in my opinion. The cast meshes well, it only got better when Mandy Patinkin left and Joe Montagna came into play.

That being said, I expected quite a bit from a book, and it would be tough to re-create that cast dynamic as well.

Max Allan Collins did a great job at this re-creating, I could easily hear each distinct voice, and nuance from the characters. The dialog was written as it would have been spoken in the show, and the descriptions were pretty spot on.

The book unfolds much like an episode would. In this case, there is a series of murders, in which they find that the killer is on a mission to re-create the murders from several different serial killers, or as Agent Rossi puts it "It's a Serial Killer Greatest hits album, by a goddamned cover band!"

I can't really talk that much about the plot as it would spoil things, but if you are a fan of the TV Series, then you will be a fan of the book. It's a quick read, and in my minds eye, it is an extended episode or movie. Took me about 3 hour read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killer Profile.