Book Elf's Reviews > Mockingjay

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Aug 10, 11

bookshelves: borrowed-books
Read in July, 2011

** spoiler alert ** When my friends told me that the final book of The Hunger Games series is not as good as the other books, i hesitated reading the Mockingjay. Because the second book was not as great as the first book, i reckoned.

But since I just borrowed the books from Maria, I need to read it as it will be a waste if i skip it. So I read it and to my surprised, I enjoyed it. In fact, I gave it 5 stars .

I like the intricateness (if there is such a word) of the situation and they are always on their toes. But in the end, I just missed Finnick and Prim dying so I have to go back and find out how they died. It's like the death was just in passing ~ ok, so let's lose Prim and Finnick in the end. Let's kill Coin too and let Snow die from choking. I guess these deaths were the big disappointment of other readers, but not for me ~ I was okay with it and I just liked the fact that Peeta was hijacked. I guess it served right for the mockingjay. Taught her lesson that not always she will be the apple of the eye of Peeta.

All's well ~ so I gave it five. My friend wants justice for Prim. She said that Beetee and Gale should be punished..though i said they just built the weapon and not the ones who used it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mockingjay.

Edil I think I have to reread this. I already forgot what happened. hehe And maybe I might like it. :)