Jane's Reviews > A Billion Wicked Thoughts: What the World's Largest Experiment Reveals about Human Desire

A Billion Wicked Thoughts by Ogi Ogas

1901583
Apr 30, 11

bookshelves: non-fiction

Haven't read it, won't read it. I was there when these jokers tried to mine LJ for 'facts' for this book through a thoroughly offensive, ethically corrupt survey (the questions of which changed constantly, rendering the data dubious to say the least) and exposed themselves as utterly clueless, patronizing, ignorant...I could go on.

A collection of links detailing what was known as 'Surveyfail' is here.

The links to the posts on the authors' LJs don't work; they deleted their journals and the comments they'd made elsewhere. Of course, by then people had taken plenty of screencaps...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Billion Wicked Thoughts.

message 1: by Chibineko (new)

Chibineko I was thinking of reading it, but after reading some of the material in the link you posted has changed my mind! Thank you for posting this!!

message 2: by Jane (new) - rated it 1 star

Jane Chibineko wrote: "I was thinking of reading it, but after reading some of the material in the link you posted has changed my mind! Thank you for posting this!!"

You're welcome! I read some extracts from it and a short essay by one of their colleagues that was very uncomplimentary about their research and methods so I doubt they've changed from when we met them on LJ.

Thoroughly arrogant and biased.