Mike's Reviews > Anansi Boys

Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman

Feb 26, 08

bookshelves: comedic-fantasy-non-discworld, favorites
Recommended for: readers, everyone

Wow. Just Wow. This is, in some ways, even better than American Gods. I'm not saying that this is the better book I'm just saying that this is a very good book that is easy to get into and a blast to read. It's just great. The characters are terrific, the situations are both unreal and very real at the same time. There's a feeling throughout many of his other books that Gaiman is just in love with the idea of story, and this book proves it and holds Story high to be loved the way that it should be. It's a book for people who love stories and people that love books.
Oh, a summary: Um... Charles Nancy learns that his father dies and meets his magical brother Spider. Wacky-ness ensues.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anansi Boys.

Quotes Mike Liked

Neil Gaiman
“Each person who ever was or is or will be has a song. It isn't a song that anybody else wrote. It has its own melody, it has its own words. Very few people get to sing their song. Most of us fear that we cannot do it justice with our voices, or that our words are too foolish or too honest, or too odd. So people live their song instead.”
Neil Gaiman, Anansi Boys