Wayne Walls's Reviews > The Lincoln Lawyer

The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly

Apr 30, 2011

bookshelves: mystery-thriller
Read in April, 2011

This was a book that I listened to instead of read. I thought that the movie trailer looked good and wanted to read/listen to this before watching the movie.

The main character is Mickey Haller, a defense attorney whose office is the backseat of his Lincoln Towncar. He gets the biggest case of his life, defending a rich prick who allegedly assualted and tried to murder a woman. There are plenty of twists and turns to keep the reader glued and reading till all hours of the night, or in my case sitting in my truck for 15 min after I get home trying to finish the chapter.

What made me love the story was that it was told from Mickey's point of view. It even went into some of his other cases and court appearances. It made me feel as though I was tagging along with him wherever he went. It did not go into so much detail in these cases that it felt like he was going overboard or trying to stretch the story, instead it felt like we were on his shoulder and finding clues at the same moment as Mickey.

This was a good book and I would highly recommend this for fans of the mystery/thriller genre as well as those who are wanting to try the genre for the first time.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lincoln Lawyer.