Paula Patience's Reviews > Heart of Stone

Heart of Stone by C.E. Murphy

Apr 30, 2011

Recommended for: Fans who had a crush on Goliath :)
Read from April 26 to 30, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 1

I loved the heroine! Margrit is a lawyer, and boy, can she negotiate with the best of them! Reading her haggling conversations with the more frightening characters in the book was a delight. Murphy definitely has a flair for writing verbally manipulative characters. Her personality very appropriately dictated her behavior. And her progress towards accepting the existence of 5 Old Races was paced in such a way that it had a reasonable flow to it.

The book is not a fast read. It's very densely written, very descriptive. I found it went better as a weekend read rather than a commuter's go-to book. Too much going on, but in a very good way!

The mystery aspect is a fun ride; the ending isn't what I expected at the beginning (or even in the middle), but it did make sense.

The romance was sweet (and yes, my favorite part)...who'd have thought stone could be so sexy? And yet the reasons Margrit's drawn to him make perfect sense in light of the rest of her actions and personality.

So glad I bought all 3 books at the same time! Now I don't have to wait for the next bookstore trip ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heart of Stone.