David Brollier's Reviews > Rabbit: Chasing Beth Rider

Rabbit by Ellen C. Maze

Apr 30, 11

Although she approached the vampire story a bit differently than I would she came closest. The thing that I really loved was that she shows the truth of the Scriptural statement, "For when I am weak, then I am strong." For it is in Beth's moment of trial, at her weakest point, that she receives the grace to confound her enemies. Other great verses of Scripture that she helps put pictures to are, "The weapons of our warfare are spiritual, not carnal," and "No weapon formed against you shall prosper." You can also add all of Psalm 91. For anyone ever considering reading a vampire novel, especially those Christians who may wonder if such a beast really exists, you need to read this book. Her skills as a storyteller are amazing, her talents as a writer are compatible with any of the best authors you may have already read, possibly better. Not once does she shrink from the Christian message. Not once does she compromise. She shows where there are those who are weak and may compromise. She shows that there are some who have stumbled, but rather than beat them down she reaches out to help them up. Ellen is the kind of spiritual soldier you'd like to have in your patrol. One you'd especially be grateful for if you happened to stumble and fall on the battlefield, because she will not leave you on the battlefield to be picked apart by the enemy. Just as our military strives to bring every body home, even if the life in that body has long since breathed its last, so also does Ellen have the grace and love to make sure none of her fellow warriors are left out on the battlefield. I just read the one book, but I would love to read the rest. I think she's an awesome writer. I'm going to push to see that our library system knows about her. That will affect 47 communities in the Hudson Valley region of New York State. I think God has started something mighty.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rabbit.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ellen Maze Wow, David! You honor me in the greatest way with your words. I'll be flying high on this review for a very long time! Praise the Lord!
ellen :-)

David Brollier I write what I believe to be true. When in comes to reading no one can tell me that I didn't like this book, even if they will not. Still, I feel that you did a great service for the Lord. I hope that my writing eventually is as powerful and mightily used as yours.

Ellen Maze You honor me again, David. Thank you; my prayer is answered for every person touched by this book :-)

David Brollier Ellen wrote: "You honor me again, David. Thank you; my prayer is answered for every person touched by this book :-)"

Check out Winter, by Keven Newsome. It's about a Gothic Christian girl God uses with the gift of prophecy, and it's all about spiritual warfare, like Rabbit. Definitely not a vampire novel, but just as gripping all the same. I think you'd like it.