Heidi's Reviews > Too Rich for a Bride

Too Rich for a Bride by Mona Hodgson

Apr 30, 2011

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from June 11 to 14, 2011

I was fortunate enough to win this book as a Goodreads giveaway and I absolutely loved this book!! The setting and time period was such a fantastic thing to experience with Ida Sinclair and her sisters. I think the proper way people acted and the minimal living was really refreshing.

I enjoyed that Ida Sinclair, and her sisters to an extent, broke away from the "way a woman should act" during that time. I'm happy Ida got her start with Molly but am even happier when she realized that even though she was a woman in business, she didn't have to be dishonest to get ahead. I really enjoyed that her and Tucker found love even though they weren't looking for it. I was also happy to see that just because she was married, she still worked and retained what she worked so hard for....being a business woman.

I think what would have made this fantastic story even better would be if we saw the birth of the baby and knew that everything worked out fine since there was the fear of dying in child birth. I would also have liked to see her other sister expecting a baby of her own.

It was a fantastic story; one that I was sad to see end. I will definitely be looking for more novels from Mona Hodgson. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to read this fantastic novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Too Rich for a Bride.