Melissa Acuna's Reviews > William and Kate: A Royal Love Story

William and Kate by Christopher Andersen

F 50x66
Apr 30, 11

Read in April, 2011

Caught up in Royal Wedding hype, I downloaded this book on a whim and read it in one sitting. Since I've not been closely following the Royal Family since the death of Diana, there was information that was new to me. Sadly though, much of it seemed second hand gossip and some of it idle speculation.

Even more sadly, no one comes out unscathed. According to the book, The Queen is emotionally withdraw, Philip is exactly as you'd expect (nasty) and Diana is a disaster. Kate's mom looks like an opportunistic Royal Chaser, encouraging her daughter to attend St. Andrews when Will announces he's attending University there, even though Kate is hesitant.

Will and Harry look like spoiled, alcoholic brats and Kate seems....well hard to pin down. It's hard to say if she's being totally supportive of the man she loves or simply trying to lasso a prince.

And we never really know what the catalyst for the relationship is. Will invites Kate and another friend to his rooms for drinks, but why? Did he sit next to her in the cafeteria? See her across the Quad and become infatuated? According to the book they were friends before her famous catwalk in her undies.

All in all, this was a good way to keep me immersed in the Royal Wedding hoopla without taxing a single brain cell.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read William and Kate.