Michelle 's Reviews > Tithed

Apr 30, 11

bookshelves: romance
Read on April 29, 2011

Posted on Book Chelle

I needed something light and full of fluffy romance, so I decided to read Tithed by Megan Hart. Hart always delivers the romance, and most often than not, the steamy scenes. Even though this was a short story, Hart delivered what I expected out of her books.

Elspeth is an instructor for Arithmancy. In this world where magic is possible, she struggles with being a fraud. She has worked extra hard to reach a level of competency, where she would normally not need to if she achieved her thrall. After all of the hard work she has put in recently, spring break has finally given her, and the instructors, a chance to rest. So on a whim, she decides to go down to the pub for a drink of ale with the fellow instructors. A painful past has blocked her from reaching her full potential and unbeknown to her, the key to unlocking her power is the one thing that she never thought could be. And that one thing just walked through the pub door.

I loved the story more than I loved the characters individually. But, I blame the short length of this novella for that. I could see the potential that this story could have had, if it was only extended. I felt that I couldn't really get to know the characters that well. I only saw a glimpse of who Elspeth really was. She is determined, but full of guilt and remorse.

If only this was a little bit longer.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tithed.