Jenna's Reviews > So Over You

So Over You by Gwen Hayes

Apr 30, 2011

Read on April 30, 2011

it was GREAt, awesome, fun read.
Alas! IT WAS ALL THINGS I DIDN'T EXPECT..in a good way.

2 EX's. sharing Editor-in-chief role. a challenge. 12 dates.

You would've thought (just like what I first did) the story is the usual 2 ex's who hate each other to death fall back in love again. Well, the book surprised me in many ways I wouldn't have thought it would.

After all the happy moments, where the happy meter constantly binged up, constant banterings, funny and witty remarks, sarcastic lines,..I thought it would continue to be that. Then, surprisingly the story changed gear and has gone serious! I thought her problems/nightmares were just nothing, until the word "raped" appeared. I honestly thought she was joking, but she wasn't. When the story picked up the serious tone, it went all serious.I expected them to make up immediately after the two kisses. HOWEVEr, I like the book because of its being a realist. Of course, in real life you don't delve immediately to going back together as a couple. It Takes time to heal. Everything about Lainey's decisions in life became clear.
I just have to mention though, I hate parts of the book where I read it but then I would snap out of it because I really didn't understand a word they talked about. lol.

I actually love the ending. Time was taken leisurely, no pressure. REading the article (which the bulk of this book is all about) and attaching Lainey's reply to Jimmy was the cutest!

I was so relaxed in this read! REad it in less than four hours?
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read So Over You.

04/30/2011
18.0% "I truly believe that they still have feelings for each other. lol."

Jenna thanks wendy! :)