Texas Reader- Stacy's Reviews > Frostfire

Frostfire by Lynn Viehl

Apr 29, 2011

bookshelves: paranormal-other
Read in April, 2011

As one of the genetically enhanced Kyndred, Lilah can read and control the minds of animals. Rescuing a group of kids from a wayward bear brings her to the attention of GenHance, the shadowy biotech company willing to murder to acquire super-human DNA. After being drugged and abducted, Lilah wakes up handcuffed to a half-dead man in a refrigerated truck.

Walker, a soldier critically wounded in Afghanistan, is brought back to life by Lilah's warmth and determination, and resolves to do anything he can to free and protect her. But as the two struggle to escape their grim fate, they stumble upon a remote town hiding a dark secret, and learn that Lilah is also being hunted by someone she never expected to fear: a Kyndred friend.

****
I loved the Darkyn series, but I have had trouble falling in love with the Kyndred series. I spent most of this book going huh?? Never really sure exactly what was going on. It seemed as though there were several separate stories going on with unclear ties to each other. Walker and Lilah are a great couple, struggling with their tragic lives, only to find each other and find the other half of their soul. Most of the questions and huh moments were pulled together at the end. I still want to know more about the "people" of Frenchman's Pass and how they will tie in with the series. But all in all, I liked the book. I'm glad I didn't give up on the series

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frostfire.