Mouse's Reviews > Bonds of Justice

Bonds of Justice by Nalini Singh

Apr 29, 11

Read in April, 2011

I loved this book. Loved, loved, loved.

There are a lot of readers who are more enthusiastic about this series than I am. I'm cautious. Mostly because I was burned by book 7, Blaze of Memory. I tried my hardest to finish that book and I could not. I'll be honest, I would have given up on this series but I'd already bought book 8 & 9 (they were languishing in my TBR pile) and I desperately wanted to read book 10 with Hawke.

What worked for me with this book is that Sophia Rosso is already breaking Silence when we meet her. It makes it an easier leap to believe that she'd give up Silence entirely. Especially when she's scheduled for their version of a lobotomy. It also gives her a vulnerability which is at odds with her strong character. And I liked her because of that strong character. I'm sick to death of simpering females. It made this book so much fun to read!

Max is no pushover. He's tough and completely alpha male. He's careful with her, though. And treats her with kindness and respect. That I LOVE.

It was a win-win for me. The only thing that holds back Singh's books from being fives for me is her head-hopping issues. Drives me bat-shit crazy.

www.theanonymousmouse.com
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bonds of Justice.

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen I love the Psi-Changling series by Nalini Singh and I agree - didn't like book 7 very much - and am totally hanging out for Hawke's story - will try this one even though I was going to give up until book 10.

Mouse This one was really good, and the next one as well (I'm going to put up the review today). I was surprised because 6 was kind of blah and then 7 was so, so bad. :(

But I HAVE to read about Hawke! Even if I stop after that.

I do have that Angel book in my TBR pile. I can't bring myself to read it yet. Too nervous. hahaha. Maybe after I read Hawke's book next month.