Jess's Reviews > Moonlight Cove

Moonlight Cove by Sherryl Woods

Jun 05, 11

bookshelves: 2011, sherryl-woods
Read in June, 2011

This is the sixth book in the Chesapeake Shores series and I have mixed feelings about it. The main characters were Jess O'Brien and Will Lincoln. Will has always loved Jess but she has kept him at arms distance, and when Will decides to create an online dating site he is astonished when she signs up to be on it. He has mixed feelings about setting her up on a date with anyone when he knows he still loves her. Meanwhile, Jess only joined the site because her two friends Connie and Laila dared her to. Speaking of her two friends, Connie had a side story which was really great. I actually enjoyed hers a little bit more than Jess'.

And here comes the reason why I had mixed feelings about this book, Jess. She was actually really irritating through the other books and this one just made it worse. I got so tired of reading about her insecurities and her distaste of Will because of his "psychoanalyzing" her. And everything revolved back to her having ADD. Everything she did wrong (or thought she did wrong) was because of her ADD and although she eventually starting saying she didn't blame everything on that, everyone else in the book was still talking about it. What an annoyance. If not for that, I would have given this one 5 stars.

I'm off to request the next book Beach Lane.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonlight Cove.