Alba BookPics's Reviews > The Girl in the Steel Corset

The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross

May 14, 11

bookshelves: owned, netgalley
Read from May 08 to 14, 2011

"Coming back for more, eh?"..."I like a little fight in my girls"
--She grinned..."Then you're going to love me"...

The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross

I took a really long leap by reading this book, it's the second book that I choose o read just because of the cover and tittle, little did I know that it was one of the genres I most likely would en up not reading. I had no idea what the book was about even when I got the arc!
But wow! if this book proved me wrong.
Since the first chapter I was entirely a goner first for the leading girl Finley what a strong, sensible yet lovable character. I loved her from the beginning.
I do admit that I had my doubts given the writing and kind of english since it's set back in the day but in the end I simply let it take through.
Griffin! was a great surprise-leading boy- besides being hot, he was smart, polite, a complete gentleman and had an extreme cool powe. YES! power you read right!
Add to that Emily & Sam
I couldn't help myself to feel drawn toward Sam all lonely ans sad and painfully strong. And cute little Em who was always trying to find the good side of both things and people.
Jasper along with Jack Dandy give a pleasant twist to the story.

Who doesn't love a mistery waiting to be solved or a vengeance waiting to be taken care of.
Even though some things were easy for me to figure out there were others that completely took me by surprise.
A book filled with automatons-don't ask-, queen Victoria, wax figures,high&low class from old England but most of all LOTS AND LOTS OF STEEL! The story takes you on a really different journey in this country when technology is only first being discovered and used and mostly only for the rich AND where everyone has hidden powers you can't even begin to imagine!

-An ending to be both loved and hated and seriously leaves you asking for more, I truthfully cannot wait to read what Kady Cross comes up with next

Don't miss this GREAT BOOK!

4.5/5 (I felt as though it was a little slow at the beginning but that's it)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl in the Steel Corset.

05/08/2011 page 19
05/12/2011 page 210
63.0% "She stepped closer, tentatively reaching out to touch the cold metal. A steel corset..."
show 4 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Perla Mendoza I want this book so bad! How's it so far? :)

Alba  BookPics it's great...even though I'm not a fan of steampunk
if you like historical and fiction I think you'll love it!

Perla Mendoza I've never read steampunk but what I've read of the prequel, I will totes love it LOL. :)

Alba  BookPics I didn't even know there was a prequel!!
have you read The Infernal Devices first book? Clockwork Angel?

Perla Mendoza It's an ebook! :) OMG, of course! <3 WILL. Have you? :)

Alba  BookPics yeap...that's why I'm reading this one...because it's also a steampunk...oh...well I'm reading TGitSC ARC as an ebook too:D

Perla Mendoza LOL. God, you are sooo lucky! I'm incredibly jealous. xD

Alba  BookPics haha well I prefer printed copies but since almost no one likes to ship internationally I go over and try to find them in ebook:D hehe
^^

Perla Mendoza *turns green with envy* I do too! I mean, an ebook is NOTHING compared to a gorgeous book in your hand with that booky clean smell. ^^ I only read short story ebooks, that's it. :D

Alba  BookPics hehe!! hey breath!!!~green's not good!~
I'll try to finish it soon to write the review and let you know how I liked it:D
and yeap...I used to read only short ebook stories...but now I seem to be getting ARCS as well as won books

Perla Mendoza Oooooh, I'm so curious to know if you did like it! :)

Alba  BookPics I'll tell you don't worry:D