Ashley - The Bookish Brunette's Reviews > Forbidden

Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma

May 11, 2011

bookshelves: favorite, young-adult, 2011-release
Read on May 01, 2011

Let me clarify UP FRONT... that 5 stars can't do this book justice. I need an EPIC rating... I'll think on it.

Forbidden left me breathless. I honestly can't give a better explanation to what I'm feeling right now... except that I am completely and utterly left breathless! Forbidden is just that- forbidden... or completely taboo.

I will admit to being more than a bit nervous when starting this book. I kept thinking,

"I must see what all the hype over this book is about... I mean really? A brother and sister falling in love? Ewwww! How can this resonate anything but disgust?"

Well, I'm here to tell you- I was wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Never ONCE was I even near to feeling disgusted by this book. I was shocked, horrified, speechless, devastated... But never by Loch and Maya's relationship.

Forbidden is told in Maya and Loch's POV, in alternating chapters. I think knowing what each of them were going through emotionally and physically was extremely important. I loved knowing what each of them were thinking about the same situation.

I find it difficult to portray exactly how this book touched my heart. Even if you read detailed review after detailed review of how utterly exceptional Forbidden is- you'll never completely believe it or understand how deeply amazing this book is until you've read it yourself.

As I could go on and on about how beautifully articulated this book is, it won't matter because I cannot form the words to coherently explain all that this book is.

This is immediately going on my FAVS list forever, and as soon as it comes out I intend to have a hard back copy sitting on my doorstep!
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forbidden.

Arlene I cannot wait to read your review. :D It's been months since I read this book and I still remember the pain I felt. Crazy stuff! Glad you loved it. :D

Bonnie (A Backwards Story) It's because of this right here that I snagged it from GalleyGrab. That's how much I trust/love you despite the original wth tendency. Will give it a chance :)

Ashley - The Bookish Brunette Awww! I love you too!!! I fo think you'll love it!

Bonnie (A Backwards Story) I'll let you know :)

message 5: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Jacobs I am reading this now. It better be good girl!

Ashley - The Bookish Brunette I honestly freaking LOVED it!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Quick question, because I am intrigued but also very hesitant. Do YOU have any siblings? I tend to find that people without siblings aren't as completely put-off by incest as people with siblings, but I trust your reviews, so I'm trying to gauge whether we'd be seeing this from the same perspective.

Ashley - The Bookish Brunette I have a brother! :)

message 9: by P.A. (new) - added it

P.A. Lupton I love your review. I wasn't sure what to make of this book or whether I wanted to try it but I think I have to now. Thanks