Adam Madge's Reviews > The Lock Artist

The Lock Artist by Steve Hamilton

M_50x66
Apr 29, 11

Read in April, 2011

This a great book originally written to my mind from the perspective of someone suffering the phycological after effects of an extremely traumatic childhood experience. Its great in many ways. The author sets up questions from the beginning by writing the main characters perspective at the present moment and reflecting on the way that the character got here today. Several of the main questions and ideas are left to the latter parts of the book to be revealed which kept me as a reader enthralled to the end.
It probably says something that I read this book flat out in two days from cover to cover and never having read anything by this author before want to read more. The story is essentially about a teenager getting to grips with life in his late teens and on to his twenties but the concept of the phycological effects foisted on this individual make the book in my opinion unique and interesting.
I would normally try and compare the novel to others that I have read and similar sort of authors, but I don’t think I can in this case because its very original. All I can say is that if you like fairly fast paced, original and intriguing books this may well be the book for you.
A journey of self discovery is described by the main character and it may well be that like me you the reader will discover something about yourself reading this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lock Artist.