Kate's Reviews > Creepy Cute Crochet: Zombies, Ninjas, Robots, and More!

Creepy Cute Crochet by Christen Haden

Apr 29, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: 2011, age-ya, non-fiction
Read in April, 2011

I bought this book a few years ago for the library, and I had flipped through it back then. The patterns are cute but there wasn't anything I was dying to make. Then recently I decided I wanted to make the Cthulhu amigurumi. So far I haven't finished. The pattern seems to be a bit more difficult than I thought it would be, although why I thought a tentacled alien would be easy is beyond me.

The amigurumi patterns are not all horror-related, as the title says, there are ninjas and robots in addition to horrific creatures like the Cthulhu, Monkeyshines, skeletons, vampires, and zombies. These are not really meant to be made for small children as most of the items that make the amigurumi are small, non-crocheted parts like scythes made out of polymer clay and baked. I have made amigurumi before (I did a snail, and a fetus - don't ask) but for some reason I remember those patterns being much easier than the patterns in this book appear.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Creepy Cute Crochet.