rameau's Reviews > The Girl Who Could Fly

The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester

Jun 21, 2011

bookshelves: genre-ya, genre-fantasy, recommending, read-in-2011, language-english-original
Recommended for: Children at heart
Read from April 29 to 30, 2011

This book is so, so very good. The beginning of it had me spellbound but unfortunately a good night's sleep tempered that spell and I was left to read a simply very good book.

Piper and her fellow students at the facility are all preteens learning few very important life lessons. Their abnormal abilities just set the bar a bit higher for them than for the rest of us humans.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Could Fly.

04/29/2011
3.0% ""Right then and there that little bird learned to fly, and Piper saw the whole thing.""
04/29/2011
7.0% ""The new minister thanked God. Piper thanked her lucky stars that old man Jessup wasn't wearing his glasses." Must resist the urge to highlight the whole book. Must. Resist."
04/29/2011
8.0% ""P-I-C-N-I-C, she spelled it in her mind. Or sometimes she'd do it backwards, C-I-N-C-I-P.""
show 2 hidden updates…

Comments <span class="smallText"> (showing 1-3 of 3) </span> <span class="smallText">(3 new)</span>

rameau I picked it up before I noticed the Meyer connection on the cover. I swear.

message 2: by Lamia (new)

Lamia rameau wrote: "I picked it up before I noticed the Meyer connection on the cover. I swear."

I swear to god, Meyer praises the best stuff. I'm like STFU, YOUR PRAISE IS NOT A COMPLIMENT, but she just never listens.

rameau Lamia wrote: I swear to god, Meyer praises the best stuff. I'm like STFU, YOUR PRAISE IS NOT A COMPLIMENT, but she ju..."

How can that be? Doesn't she realise she's alienating potential readers with her comments? Ugh. I liked the blurb and the cover. Not her comment!