BJ's Reviews > All My Life: A Memoir

All My Life by Susan Lucci

Apr 29, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, local-library, nonfiction
Read from April 29 to May 02, 2011

Although I haven't watched soaps on a regular basis for years, I do admit to a guilty pleasure of checking out Soap Opera Digest occasionally to see what my favorite characters of years gone by are up to. In light of the recent decision by ABC to cancel 2 of its long running soap operas, All My Children and One Life to Live, which have each been on the air for over 40 years, I decided to take a look at Susan Lucci's memoir, "All My Life." This book has a lovely flow, almost like having a conversation with La Lucci herself. She gives some wonderful anecdotes from her 40+ years on the soap about her story lines and her co-stars and many other people she has met. For the first time, she opens up about her private life, her parents, her husband and her 2 children and even her grandchildren. She talks about the conflict of having the career she had always dreamed about and being the best wife and mother that she could be. Although the character she has played for 40+ years is a bit of a Diva, she comes across as someone who is truly grateful for the opportunities provided by her career. I found her to be very likeable and the book a very enjoyable read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All My Life.

04/29/2011 page 30