Teri's Reviews > Alien Tango

Alien Tango by Gini Koch

Apr 29, 11

Read in April, 2011

I did the Smackdown on Bitten By Books for Alien Tango and here was my review:
There are great heroines in any genre but Kitty Katt tops the cake with her wit and snark in Alien Tango.
Are you ready to take on a gator, or a whole state of gators, because in Tango they are everywhere.
In the words of Kitty as she yelled while hanging onto a windshield, "It's like freaking Jurassic Park!"
Touched by and Alien introduced us to hot aliens in Armani and the lovely Martini, while Tango takes us home to meet the family.

There is never a dull moment for Kitty and never an adventure that does not call for a stash of rock band t-shirts and her purse that she described in Touched as, " I prefer to think of it as Mary Poppins' carpet bag."
The characters in this series rock, no really they do, to the old school rock. There are many ways to defeat the alien race and Kitty cleans up a few unwanted adversaries with her choice of music.
Facing several old boyfriends it is like a Scott Pilgrim novel since someone is trying to use the exes as a way to off Kitty who only wants a locked door to take Martini into. Kitty is taking out the trash and crushing the hopes and dreams of dreamy past parters near and far, while tracking the bad guys using them for evil intent.

But back to the gators and the inlaws. How do you deal with a conflict? Toss in some gators! There is more gator action in Tango than a Crocodile Dundee movie, and Kitty named them such fantastic names as Alliflash and Gigantigator, so you know trouble is happening. Now back to the inlaws. Kitty's first time meeting the family goes kinda like this when she meets the opposition:
"I'm Kitty, and I'm twenty-seven." I leaned close to her. "You know what my mother says?" She shook her head. "My mother says I can do anything I damn well please. And trust me, my mother can take your mother." My mother could take anyone.

With lines like these who can't take the enemies in this book.
There is never a dull moment with this book or this series. Gini Koch creates a group of hot hilarious characters that just want some time to themselves except that have to save the world multiple times until they can take a week off for Cabo.

Looking for a good time? Grab and Alien and get a chair.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alien Tango.