Alexandra Robbins's Reviews > The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth: Popularity, Quirk Theory and Why Outsiders Thrive After High School

The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth by Alexandra Robbins

4432067
Jan 09, 2012

(Review from the author)
Read from April 29, 2011 to January 09, 2012 — I own a copy

To thank you awesome Goodreads friends for the Best Nonfiction win, I'll be giving away FREE COPIES of the new Geeks paperback. Just head on over to facebook.com/authorAlexandraRobbins for a bunch of giveaways over the next week or two. There's a contest up there right now, based on the new Geeks video.

take care!
Alexandra

31 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth.

message 1: by Meghan (new) - added it

Meghan Wilker Ha! I LOVE that you rated your own book! :)

message 2: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie D Just watched you on "Today" and added your book to my "must read" list. As a former HS Drama geek and mother of two young kids, I look forward to reading your book!

message 3: by Eileen (new) - added it

Eileen I just added it, too. I sub teach middle school, and kids can be very mean at that age. I look forward to reading tour book!

message 4: by Jacob M. (new) - added it

Jacob M. Palmer Fascinating, especially the mirroring behavior of the teachers and students. I wonder how much of the fact that institutional teaching is not merit-based plays a role in attracting teachers of such caliber. Very often tenure is more about popularity than results.

message 5: by Joe (new)

Joe Sounds interesting, especially the role teachers play in the students' educations. I will be disappointed if it presents an argument for merit-based pay (which Jake kind of mentioned). Merit-based pay doesn't equate good teachers, it means there are better students.

Eric Baxley I read this when I was going through a pretty hard time in my life. It kind of let me know who I truly was. Thank you sooo much Ms. Robbins!

Brian The "reveal" about Regan was very well executed and, I dare say, a bit unfair to your poor unsuspecting readers.