Tatiana's Reviews > Feed

Feed by Mira Grant

Jun 23, 11

bookshelves: hugo, abandoned
Recommended to Tatiana by: Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Read from May 30 to June 23, 2011

Did my best to like it, but I just can't. It's dull and (view spoiler).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Feed.

05/30/2011
17.0% 1 comment
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jean Pearl I'll be waiting for your review of this! =D

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead This is one of my all time favorite books, I'm currently reading book 2. I hope you love it!

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) It is a little hard to get through in the beginning, but it's worth it. :) Michelle, I've started Deadline, too. Amazing so far.

message 4: by Sue (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sue Tint I could only get through 25% before I put it "back on the shelf" for now,,, let me know if it improves... it was a bit boring at this point

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Maja wrote: "It is a little hard to get through in the beginning, but it's worth it. :) Michelle, I've started Deadline, too. Amazing so far."

I know, you might catch up to me at this point since I couldn't read last night. It really is amazing. I already think it is better than book 1 since you don't have to go through all the exhausting world building. To say that is saying alot since I absolutely loved book 1 (or I should say the 2nd half of book 1).

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) Yeah, I know what you mean. It took me a week to read the first 40% of Feed, but then I finished it in one night. Deadline is just incredoble from page one.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Sue wrote: "I could only get through 25% before I put it "back on the shelf" for now,,, let me know if it improves... it was a bit boring at this point"

Feed is one of those books you have to be extremely patient and trust that there is a reason for the information dump during the 1st half of the book. You are richly rewarded if you can make it to the 2nd half of the book.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Maja wrote: "Yeah, I know what you mean. It took me a week to read the first 40% of Feed, but then I finished it in one night. Deadline is just incredoble from page one."

In the beginning of Feed, I almost stopped the book like 5 times. I have no clue what kept me going but boy am I glad I did. It's hard not talking about the stuff in Deadline but everything is a spoiler! LOL I keep writing status updates and then I realize I can't since it will spoil it for everyone. Deadline has so much going on in it.

Bonnie I'm at 55% in Feed right now and I have had to take several breaks in the first half. It wasn't that it was boring it's just that all the information and detail given was overwhelming at times. I'm glad I stuck it out... it's getting really interesting now. Thanks for your reviews Michelle; wouldn't have read it without them. :)

message 10: by Sue (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sue Tint Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: "Maja wrote: "Yeah, I know what you mean. It took me a week to read the first 40% of Feed, but then I finished it in one night. Deadline is just incredoble from page one."

In the beginning of Fe..."

Thanks Michelle,, I will have to get back to it... I usually can make it through the "boring" or slow parts, but I have so many other books on my TBR pile they I just said, what the hey... but now that I see most people felt this way, I'll give it another go once I finish the book I am currently reading.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Sue wrote: "Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: "Maja wrote: "Yeah, I know what you mean. It took me a week to read the first 40% of Feed, but then I finished it in one night. Deadline is just incredoble..."

Oh good. I hope the 2nd half works for you!

message 12: by Tatiana (new) - added it

Tatiana I started it and I do like it, I just haven't had time to get to it properly.

Catie I think that I am the only one that actually loved the beginning of Feed!

I feel like Deadline is a bit too action packed at times. I guess I like the intrigue.

Penny It took me a while to get into this book. Georgie is kind of a boring narrator. Great story though.

For those who have a membership to audible: this audiobook is available for less then $4 right now. Big sale going on at audible.

Jean Pearl Sue wrote: "The beginning of Feed is really a struggle to get through. It is exhausting reading about the politics, the science of the virus, the mechanics of blogging, and so on and so on. Grant goes on and on with setting the reader up for the 2nd half of the book.

However, I'm not normally patient and I'm surprised I didn't give up when I read Feed. I guess it was fate since I ended up absolutely loving the book."

Ditto! Imma have to say I'm surprised to be able to love this book since I'm not a patient kind of reader and it took a lot of toll on me to get through with the first 40% of the book. But it was totally worth it. One of the books I really love.

message 16: by Lou (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lou I agree bit too much blabber of politics and a blogger not really covering zombies! Book cover misleading where's the blood!

Catie Ahh, putting this one out to pasture eh? That's alright; there are a few of my friends that have either given up or ultimately didn't like it so you're not alone there.

Hope you find a great book soon!

message 18: by Tatiana (new) - added it

Tatiana Catie, I tried and I tried... Just can't get properly into it for some reason.

message 19: by Lou (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lou Me too tatiana I think we are a minority was dull story

Penny It totally is boring at first, and I totally wouldn't have stuck it out if I hadn't purchased the audiobook. So I don't blame you for giving up. And honestly, the next book in the series is super angry-making. You would have ripped that piece of trash to shreds, I'm sure.

message 21: by Tatiana (new) - added it

Tatiana (view spoiler)

Catie I can understand. I know that's a sensitive issue. I don't know why it didn't bother me, but it just didn't. (view spoiler)

Well, enjoy your time with Bill and the sister wives! I never got past season 2, but I heard that the finale is really great.

message 23: by Tatiana (last edited Jun 25, 2011 07:12AM) (new) - added it

Tatiana When you get to know me better, you'll see whenever I see (view spoiler) as a plot point in commercial fiction, I start seeing red:)

Yep, I am on season 5 right now.

Catie Haha, okay, so I'll know to warn you off if I ever see that again :)

LethalLovely~Let Me Hold Both Your Hands in the Holes of My Sweater Hey Tatiana! I just finished this book & I'm curious about your spoiler. Maybe I didn't get the subtle hints but I don't remember there being (view spoiler) in this book.

message 26: by Tatiana (new) - added it

Tatiana Lethal, it will be revealed properly in the 2nd book and it was confirmed by the author on her blog too, but I got the (view spoiler)

LethalLovely~Let Me Hold Both Your Hands in the Holes of My Sweater Ah! Thank you very much for the info, Tatiana! (view spoiler)

ETA: Would you mind giving me the URL to her blog? I can't find it.

message 28: by Tatiana (last edited Sep 13, 2011 06:03AM) (new) - added it

Tatiana Here, it should be somewhere in the comments:

(view spoiler)

message 29: by Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker (last edited Sep 13, 2011 09:55AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead LethalLovely~Don't Underestimate The Things That I wrote: "Ah! Thank you very much for the info, Tatiana! [spoilers removed]

ETA: Would you mind giving me the URL to her blog? I can't find it."

message 30: by Tatiana (last edited Sep 13, 2011 10:02AM) (new) - added it

Tatiana (view spoiler)

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Tatiana wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

message 32: by Tatiana (new) - added it

Tatiana (view spoiler)

True...you make some good points. I wonder why it never bothered me? It should. hmm... you got me thinking. It's too early for thinking.

message 34: by Tatiana (new) - added it

Tatiana (view spoiler)

I definitely agree. I have two half brothers that were taken from my mom when she was a teenager (she has one when she was 13 and the other when she was 15) in East Germany. We found them both in 1990. I've met them both and consider them both my brothers even though I was not raised with them at all. So it goes both ways. They look nothing like me either but I couldn't imagine even thinking about one of them in any way but as my brother.

message 36: by ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) (last edited Apr 07, 2013 09:22PM) (new)

ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) Ack. I'm glad I clicked your spoiler because that's something that could be the deciding factor here. Despite some of the less positive reviews, I'd considered adding this for a "someday, maybe" shelf but now, not so much.

edit: I've actually just read through all of the comments in this review. I'm glad I did because I learned more about the spoiler and yeah, I think I'll skip this one.

message 37: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Thank you for the warning. I hate that as well, and it will stop me cold.