B. Keith Barron's Reviews > The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas

The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2 by Gerard Way

May 12, 11

bookshelves: comics-graphics-art
Read from May 09 to 10, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I liked these books BUT the science in them bugs me. I know, comic books have fuzzy science at best and these stories are no more outlandish than the classics of comicdom. And it isn’t the fuzzy science of the Televator, the superpowers, time travel – any of the outlandish stuff. It is two specific instances:
Vol. 1 – no sounds, no matter how strong, can propagate through a vacuum! No music, no matter how destructive on earth, could blast a piece of the moon off! A musician should KNOW this!

Vol. 2 – no single nuclear device is capable of destroying the entire world!

Again, comics and fuzzy science are fine, great even – but you shouldn’t violate basic and fully understood principals. It’s distracting and annoying! Still I will read more of these for despite this they are fun stories.

Okay – maybe the music was mystical as well, and maybe the nuclear device was a universal detonator or something. Not how I took it, so it’s still annoying to me – but I have been properly castigated for my failure to think creatively and outside Schrödinger’s cat’s box ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2.