Chibineko's Reviews > Dragon Girl, Vol. 2

Dragon Girl, Vol. 2 by Toru Fujieda

Apr 28, 11

bookshelves: cute, funny, love-triangle, manga, moe, yen-press
Read in April, 2011

I rather liked the first volume in this series for bucking a few of the common trends in shoujo manga, so I decided to give the second volume a try so I could finish the series. For the most part I enjoyed this volume greatly.

Volume 2 continues some of the things I liked in the previous book. There's still no guessing who will win Rinna's heart & the romance is highly present but not *the* only thing going on in the storyline. Rinna continues to be a rather endearing character although I'll say that she's a little denser as far as certain plot points go.

Unfortunately the biggest weakness of the book is how rushed the ending felt. Many of the more played up plot points that featured earlier on in the book (Yaotome's past is one biggie) is pushed off until the end of the manga & then revealed in one page, then dropped for the most part. The page does manage to relay the gist of Yaotome's past but I felt incredibly underwhelmed by it considering how much hype it'd been given in the past. Other plot elements are given the same treatment & I can't help but wonder if the series was meant to last for another few chapters or another volume but got axed prematurely. The ending is still satisfying but it just felt like it could have been a little more developed than it was.

Fans of the first volume will want to get the second one as well in order to complete the collection. While I did have my reservations about the slightly higher price of these volumes*, I figure that by this point the reader is fully aware of whether or not they'll like the manga.

*My initial worries what that the twenty one dollar price point might be a little pricey for a manga series that isn't as well known in the States. It's still far cheaper than it'd be if the volumes were individually released but it might deter some readers. I figure that won't apply for volume 2 for the reasons stated above.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragon Girl, Vol. 2.