Nicole About Town's Reviews > The Jefferson Key

The Jefferson Key by Steve Berry

Jan 14, 12

Read from December 16 to 20, 2011

Originally Posted to All I Ever Read

Every time I read a book in Steve Berry’s Cotton Malone series, I inadvertently find myself humming the Mission Impossible theme. Well that or the MacGyver theme. People on the train tend to look at me like I’m nuts, but I just can’t help it. I get so involved in the books that I don’t usually realize that I am doing it until someone comments on it. Well when I decided to read The Jefferson Key, I told myself I was going to read it from the comfort of my own home to prevent me from freaking out the general public with my reading soundtrack. Well I forgot, read the book on the train, and had everyone giving me a wide berth as a result.

Steve Berry has done it again. He has created another story that artfully blends historical fact, politics, drama, suspense and mystery together into one amazing book. For the first time, Cotton Malone and company are back on US soil. Of course this is not an ordinary vacation for them as they soon find themselves involved in a plot to assassinate the U.S. President. Like all of the books in the Cotton Malone series, things are not always what they seem and around absolutely every corner lies another piece of the puzzle.

The best thing about this series is that while it relies on a host of characters, they each play a big part in the story. It helps to give the story added depth and dimension and allows for a suitable progression of events. In The Jefferson Key, Cotton, Cassopiea, Danny and Stephanie are once again racing to find the truth about a series of startling events. The bonus is that they are finally back on home turf and taking on some of their own.

I must say, that The Jefferson Key is right up there with The Alexandria Link in being one of my favourite books of the series.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Jefferson Key.

12/16/2011 page 45