Maia B.'s Reviews > Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith

Jun 08, 11

bookshelves: abominations, could-not-finish, top-five-worst-books, jane-austen, historical
Recommended for: Ha!

I only added this book so I could put it on my "top five worst books" shelf, because this is Number One on my list. It's terrible. It's awful. It's a travesty. If I could wipe it off the face of the earth, I would. The WORST book I have ever read, EVER. Worse than terrible Laurie Viera Rigler and her appalling mess.

There are several things that really bother me. One is bad writing (this book has it). One is ridiculousness (this book has quadruple doses of that). One is taking a brilliant novel by a brilliant writer and transforming it into a book that completely, totally, utterly, and absolutely sucks.

I can't express my loathing for this book. It's impossible. I would not touch a copy if I was paid to do it. And as for reading it - ha! If I never see a copy of this book again until I die, it will be TOO SOON.

I know I should not hate Seth Grahame-Smith for this travesty. But I do anyway.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.