Diana~'s Reviews > Just One of the Guys

Just One of the Guys by Kristan Higgins

Apr 28, 2011

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, author-kristan-higgins, 2011-reads
Read from May 09 to 14, 2011

Just One Of The Guys happens to be one of those books where the heroine has always been in love with her first love since the very beginning. It's sweet and I have a thing for that. But due to some difficult circumstances and misunderstandings... things just didn't work out. I've been a fan of Kristan Higgins for awhile now and I've loved every single one of her books. It's charming, witty, and just downright heartbreaking sometimes. I absolutely adored Chastity because even though she's a tomboy and is often "mistaken" for her brother Lucky, she still dreams of love and being married to the guy she loves and children! Trevor happens to be her one true love but unfortunately, because he's always been treated as another brother in her family, things... are definitely complicated. It was frustrating to see her not being with him while she was dating another guy name Ryan. Hah, that was a joke!

But yes, even though they didn't get together until the very end of the book (argh!), I still loved their relationship nonetheless. It was heartbreaking and seriously cute because he pops up when she least expects it! Oh no, Trevor's not her real brother by the way. Her childhood story involving him was very sweet... and I'm just going to leave it at that. And ever since then, he has been treated as family by her family members. I do believe the scene that cracked me up the most was the scene where Chas is on her date with Ryan and Trevor and Hayden (Trevor's ex-fiancee) happened to be there! She gets a green stain on her white blouse right on her breast. I mean what is this! Hahaha. Trevor ends up helping her out and quite frankly, the scene turns out to be hilarious.

Last but not least, there was another part in this story that was rather... very sad. You see, Chastity's mom ended up divorcing her dad because she wasn't able to "wait" for him anymore-- in other words, she had been telling him to retire but he keeps on refusing her. In the end, she ended up marrying another, even though she still loved her ex-husband, and that just breaks my heart. I wanted her to get back with her husband but that didn't end up happening. Overall, I truly enjoyed this book!! 4/5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just One of the Guys.

05/09/2011 page 16
4.0% "LOL into chapter two and I think Chastity is adorable!"
05/13/2011 page 154
40.0% "I'm starting to find Chastity's relationship with Trevor to be rather heartbreaking. Oh childhood love!"
05/14/2011 page 228
59.0% "LOL! The bathroom incident with the basil stain."
05/14/2011 page 287
75.0% "Really, Chas? Really? Trying to make Trevor jealous now?"
05/14/2011 page 339
88.0% "Damn, my heart is breaking for Chas' dad. How can her mom do this?"
12/10/2016 marked as: read