Allan's Reviews > God of Clocks

God of Clocks by Alan Campbell

Oct 04, 12

bookshelves: science-fiction, war, horror
Read from September 19 to 28, 2012

The war with the hellish Mesmerist hordes of King Menoa, Lord of the Maze, and the sons of the goddess Ayen continues while our litle band of rebels from Deepgate is caught between.

Spine assassin Rachel Hael is reunited with the angel Dill, whose soul controls a 400-foot tall mechanical Archonite. Along with the thaumaturge Mina Greene, her little demon dog Basilis and the god Hasp, they are pursued by 12 more mesmerist-controlled Archonites as they try to reach the castle of Sabor, God of Clocks, in order to find a way to defeat Menoa.

Meanwhile John Anchor pulls the god Cospinol’s ship, along with Alice Harper and the imprisoned scarred angel Carnival, deeper into Hell to try and reach the ninth citadel and confront Menoa directly at his seat of power.

Campbell again shows us that his imagination is indeed rich and you'll meet a plethora of beings both living and dead here as well as some pretty mind-bending concepts involving the effects of time travel.

I have to say I like this better than Iron Angel, although the ending seemed a bit weak, as it seems to flow a little more solidly - at least until we start jumping back and forth in time. Much was left untied-up at the end so maybe there'll be another book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read God of Clocks.