Annie's Reviews > The Face on the Milk Carton

The Face on the Milk Carton by Caroline B. Cooney

Apr 28, 11

Read in April, 2011

irst off, how great is the idea for this book? I've seen those ads looking for kids who disappeared years ago and its true who would recognize the child except the person themselves. This plot had me hooked from the very beginning.

Janie is just a normal, lactose intolerant girl. She has a crush on her next door neighbor Reeve, a great life with parents who love her and she loves them back. But then she sees herself on the milk carton and her world is turned upside down. Did her parents kidnap her? Are they horrible people or was it just a lapse of judgement? Who is this other family of hers in New Jersey? What if they want her back? What if she has to leave her parents who she still loves?

I, for one, LOVE the Hannah twist but I'm not going to say anything because it is a little spoilery...

I liked how Caroline used flashbacks through out the books. I liked how Janie slipped into them and didn't realize what else was happening around her. In other books I've read, flashbacks happen while the character is sleeping so it is not noticeable to the other characters.

Even though I didn't love this book I will definitely read the rest of the series.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Face on the Milk Carton.