Mina's Reviews > Blood Magic

F_50x66
Jun 05, 11

bookshelves: reviews, 2011, young-adult, for-review
Read in June, 2011

I only picked up this book because of the cover. Guilty! I just have to judge it by it's cover. But anyways, I adore it. It's so nice!

Silla has lost her both her parents. She found both her parents shot and it was 'reported' that her dad killed her mother before killing himself. You cannot just help but sympathise her. She feels alone, distraught and helpless. That probably was how she found her dad's journal where she discovers something magical.

When Silla goes to the cemetery to preform her first spell, she comes across Nick. I knew from there on that something or the other was bound to happen with them. It was expected but I couldn't wait to see how things will grow between them.

Silla and Nick are perfect for each other. Nick a newbie at town, starts at the same school. He isn't like most guys, he wants to know what's happening with Silla and how she'd holding up. Definitely caring. I loved reading their little moments. Nick is great!

I enjoyed reading Blood Magic, however at times I did think that the blood scenes were a bit to much. I totally cringed when that rabbit got killed but I guess that's maybe what the author wanted. I didn't expect their to be another book after this but there is another one that follows in the series of The Blood Journals. Great.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Magic.