Terri's Reviews > Love You Forever

Love You Forever by Robert Munsch

Feb 26, 08

Read in September, 1996

One star is too high for this book! I would have given it negative stars if possible. This is a story of a dysfunctional woman who only tells her child she loves him while he's asleep. He perpetuates the cycle with his daughter. The image of this old mother sneaking into her son's bedroom at night is just too weird, and the thoughts it presages of this man creeping into his teen daughter's bedroom someday are even worse! There are too many wonderful picture books celebrating familial love to waste time on this creepy distortion!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love You Forever.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa ok this is not the book I was thinking of. Is "presages" a word?Is this what takes place before a massage? Before dressage? Before eating sausage?Or did super-fast typing finally get the better of you?Is this evidence of a superior vocabulary or should I blame Mavis Beacon(that bitch).

Terri Clever! Actually, "presage" can be a noun or a verb. In this case, the verb means to foreshadow.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Hi Terri! I actually thought I was commenting on a review of this book by one of my friends, a known speed-typist!But thank you for responding! I loved your review of this creepy book.