Melissa's Reviews > Passionate Vegetarian

Passionate Vegetarian by Crescent Dragonwagon

F 50x66
Apr 28, 2011

Few cookbooks can qualify as a good read. This is one of them. Dragonwagon chattily works her way through an astonishing number of whole foods--grains, nuts, vegetables, fruit, you name it--and tells us the cultural history of each along with its nutritional potential. We also get a few really good stories of her time as the owner of a B&B in Arkansas.

As a working mom, I really appreciate the simplicity of some of the recipes (there are much more complicated options for those who have time). I also, however, get a kick out of the truly unique options that aren't ridiculously hard to make. I'd put the kohlrabi pudding and the ginger jalepeno oat pilaf in that category; both have become staples for our family, and those for whom I've made these items have raved about them.

Do yourself a favor, and check out this cookbook, even if you're a committed omnivore. You'll get lost in all the delicious possibilities.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Passionate Vegetarian.