Gayatri's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

Jul 02, 11

bookshelves: favorites, good-read, it-s-fun, read-and-liked, book-i-own
Read from June 27 to July 01, 2011

Quotes Gayatri Liked

J.K. Rowling
“Albus Severus," Harry said quietly, so that nobody but Ginny could hear, and she was tactful enough to pretend to be waving to Rose, who was now on the train, "you were named for two headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew.”

J.K. Rowling
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

J.K. Rowling
“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.”

J.K. Rowling
“He can run faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo.”

J.K. Rowling
“For instance, this new idea that You-Know-Who can kill with a single glance from his eyes. That’s a basilisk, listeners. One simple test: Check whether the thing that’s glaring at you has got legs. If it has, it’s safe to look into its eyes, although if it really is You-Know-Who, that’s still likely to be the last thing you ever do.”

J.K. Rowling
“Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape.”

J.K. Rowling
“Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" Harry interrupted again.
"So he can sneak up on people," said Ron. "Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking...”

J.K. Rowling
“He must have known I'd want to leave you."
"No, he must have known you would always want to come back.”

J.K. Rowling
“Xenophilius Lovegood," he said, extending a hand to Harry. "My daughter and I live over the hill, so kind of the Weasleys to invite us. I think you know my Luna?" he added to Ron.
"Yes" said Ron. "Isn't she with you?"
"She lingered in that charming little garden to say hello to the gnomes, such a glorious infestation! How few wizards realize just how much we can learn from the wise little gnomes — or, to give then their correct names, the Gernumbli gardensi."
"Ours do know a lot of excellent swear words," said Ron, "but I think Fred and George taught them those.”

06/27/2011 page 126