Midnight's Reviews > Mind Games

Mind Games by Carolyn Crane

This book I borrowed from one of my mom's friends because both mom and her friend loved it. I like it a lot although I had trouble with her love interests and Justine herself.

Justine is not one of my favorite main character. I like the fact that she was a hypochondriac. That she feared something and it sounded and felt real, it sounded like my thought when I have major anxiety over something. Something I didn't like about her was her decision making she would waffle from one place to another and it drove me up a wall. Mom said it was because I did the same thing and I think I have to *sigh* agree with her. Darn it.

Love interests Every single one of the love interests I had a buring distaste for. I wanted all of them to burn but for different reasons. Cubby is borning... he lives a happy little life, with his perfect little girlfriend and someday they would get married and have 2.5 children and grow old and die happy. Justine doesn't fit in this lifestyle no matter how much she wants to. Packard... bossy, overbearing and I wanted to smack him although I did like him for the fact that he saw that not everthing is black and white. Somethings are gray and he is smack dab in the middle of the gray area. Otto... black and white kinda guy and it ticks me off when someone can't see that not everything is one way or another.

Simon I love simon! :) He is messed up has that bad boy feel about him and I ate him up. I love reading about these kinda characters but I would want to hang out with one too often :P

Magic was really cool and i like the fact that it wasn't the typical werewolf/vampire/fae book. While I like those kind of books it is nice to have a change.

So I loved the book execpt for the love interests and some of justine's characterists but I can live with that. Now I'm sure mom will have a field day with the spelling and grammer errors but oh well! :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mind Games.

06/04/2012 page 118
32.0% "not bad not bad at all :)"
06/05/2012 page 202
54.0% "is it just me or does anyone else love Simon :P"
06/05/2012 page 202
54.0% "is it just me or does anyone else love Simon :P"
06/09/2012 page 278
75.0% "good book to read while everyone else is fishing."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Flail Around You would or would not want to hang out with Simon?

Figures you'd like him best. :P LOL

When are you reading book two? *bounces*

Midnight I would probably hang out with him occisionaly but not date him. ;) and appearently i'm reading the secound one next because alyssa choose that one over blood on the bayou :)

Flail Around Ack! I'm not sure if I could choose between Blood on the Bayou and Double Cross. Both are pretty dang good! Enjoy!

Midnight I made alyssa chose i held up both and said pick and she pointed double cross so i was like yay! :P

Lilli Perspice Wow, we have the same rating on a book for once. :P

And I will correct your spelling and grammar mistakes when you get home. *eyetwitch*