Michelle B's Reviews > Drawn Together

Apr 27, 11

Read in April, 2011

So completely wonderful.

SOME SPOILERS FOLLOW!!!!

Witty, compelling, uniquely drawn characters, "but I didn't know I was gay" and...wait for it...an actual plot! With a villain! And police, and sharpshooters...and it doesn't overwhelm the romance!!!

The reason I'm raving about this book, along with the other GR rdrs, is the really crisp writing. Rory is a truly charming character who has a huge revelation and steps up to the plate with grace and wit. (there's that word again)

Yamane is spoiled, lonely, artistic, and slightly cynical. He too moves away from his safe, sheltered existence and takes a big chance, somewhat reluctantly, and it pays off.

So, I'm being cryptic, but this story has it, including secondary characters who are fleshed-out but don't swamp the story.

I'd like to only give it one star because after falling in love with the antics of the two heros (push me-pull you) guys, I can't believe author hasn't written a sequel! I want to know the answers to some little mysteries left unsolved. I want to read about what happens when Rory graduates. They could go to Japan or Europe and fall into another mystery they must solve by their wits. So many possibilities with these lovable boys.

Although I saw some 'author' touches I recognized, I loved DT ten times as much as Crossing Borders, although CB also was a good book, but in a much different way. Rory and Yamane are smart, complex, and enjoy bantering. Their wordplay is foreplay. And their foreplay (and the seduction of Rory) is orchestrated with perfect timing. I also found these scenes much hotter that most of the love scenes I've read so far. (lots of emphasis on kissing between these two--always a gooood thing)

Truly, a stellar example of this genre...and it sporthith a plot! Loved it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Drawn Together.