Sarah Eiseman's Reviews > A Rake's Guide To Pleasure

A Rake's Guide To Pleasure by Victoria Dahl

May 01, 11

Read from April 30 to May 01, 2011

This book was a fun historical romance–the classic tale of a woman impersonating someone of a different class in order to get her life back on track. We meet Lady Emma Denmore, a very young widow, who is quite the gambler. She’s working toward a very specific goal and doing her best to keep any hint of her former life a secret. But in her former life, she met the notorious Hart, Duke of Sommerhart, at one of her father’s raunchy parties. A confirmed bachelor always on the lookout for eager widows, Hart takes an instant interest in Lady Denmore. It’s an attraction that she really cannot deny, but will he be able to reconcile his feelings for her once he learns more about her?

I won’t ruin anything by giving away the plot too much, but this book was a lot of fun. Yes it was a bit racier than some of the other historical romance I’ve been reading lately, but sometimes you just need to kick back and read something fun. This is that book. Although I don’t believe it’s a formal series, the next book Dahl wrote was called One Week As Lovers and it follows some of the more minor characters in this book. I’m very interested to see how that turns out.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Rake's Guide To Pleasure.