Meggie's Reviews > Blood Slave: Nibiru Vampire Warriors

Blood Slave by A.J. Llewellyn

Apr 27, 11

Read in April, 2011

This second chapter, of 50 pages, was like a soap opera. Both Stride and Zero were crazy fighting like kids and bitching the whole chapter. We have Zero who has heroism crush on Stride. And on other hand we got Stride, ancient vamp, who is on the run from his CRAZY MOM... Jeez... Come ON! Can we get better plot here!!!!
From this point of view I have to say that I'm really glad I didn't buy this chapter, and won't buy other future chapters, because from this chapter alone we can get pretty serious picture where this story is leading us. For me the plot is simple IDIOTIC. Characters are BLAND and BORING, too. Simple said, I DON'T RECOMMEND this series at all!!! Be smart and get it by some other means, if you wanna read it. It's not worth one cent, dime, etc...
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Slave.

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

So I assume if you didn't buy it, you pirated it. That's called theft. I really can't put much credence in the words of a thief. Sorry.

message 2: by Jason (new) - added it

Jason Bradley Book borrowing is legal and even sanctioned on some e-readers.

Belinda Hmmm...sounds like she's adovating piracy to me. This reviewer has been ranting about both chapters so far in this serial. I note she doesn't say she won't READ it just that she won't BUY it. I bet another one-star review pops up for book 3.

message 4: by Jason (last edited May 07, 2011 10:48AM) (new) - added it

Jason Bradley Really? So you are sure she didn't win it in a contest or receive a present of a gift cert to a book store? Sounds more like a witch hunt from an author who can't take criticism to me.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Whoa...I have no problem with criticism there Jason...and there is no witch hunt here. RELAX!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

And receiving the first one...I buy...but why get the second one as a gift or otherwise if she detested it so? Makes no sense to me...but what do I know...I'm just an author.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

You know...Meggie may continue to read, not read, buy/not buy or work...She can blast it all she wants...that doesn't bother me at all...what bothers me pirating. I work damn hard, and like all people who work, I deserve to make a living. Do you really think after 180 books, I really care about this kind of low brow attack? Believe me. I don't lose sleep but people who can defend someone freeloading on my labor, I have a little bit of a problem with. Go figure. I need to pay my bills.

message 8: by Jason (new) - added it

Jason Bradley exactly, just an author. And she doesn't need to explain why she buys or doesn't buy your books or someone else's.

I am totally relaxed. I enjoy reading series books. If the first isn't so good, I will go on to read the second and hope it gets better. But if it doesn't, I don't mind telling people that.

I happen to win A LOT of gift certs and get gifts of ebooks. I think it would be a horrible injustice to be accused of piracy simply because of a bad review. Since I doubt the accusation would have been made if she had given 5 stars.

message 9: by Jason (new) - added it

Jason Bradley I am not sure if you remember how well your type of accusations went over for a rock group named Metallica. They accused their fans of piracy, fought for laws, and now...I have to wonder if they made more money before their diatribes or after. I rarely hear them played on the radio.