Britta's Reviews > All You Desire

All You Desire by Kirsten Miller

Aug 04, 11

bookshelves: to-read
Read from July 25 to 29, 2011

As with any sequel to a book I loved, I was equal parts nervous and excited to start this installment. I think it is safe to say that this book met my expectations and more... I may even like it more than the first.

As with the plot of the first book, All You Desire, is filled with twists and turns that leave you excited and alert, but also slightly confused (and I say that in the best way possible). So I'm not going to say too much about the plot. I will say that I was impressed with the plot of this installment. To me, The Eternal Ones seemed like it could have easily been a stand-alone. My fear with books like those is that the sequel will be unneeded and disappointing. This book was anything but! I was happily surprised by the fast-paced plot and intriguing new characters.

So in the first book, Haven sort of annoyed me at times... I got over it though, because I loved the book overall. I have to say though, she got so much better in this book! Maybe it was because I didn't really agree with all her choices in the first book, but I did more so in this book. I was really happy with her development throughout these two books.

So overall, a fantastic sequel! If you loved The Eternal Ones, I'd be rushing to the store next week for this one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All You Desire.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Cushing Do you know if there will be a 3rd book? I loved this series too.... and book 2 was definitely may fave out of the series thus far but was hoping it wasn't going to end????

Britta Melissa wrote: "Do you know if there will be a 3rd book? I loved this series too.... and book 2 was definitely may fave out of the series thus far but was hoping it wasn't going to end????"

I had actually been in contact with the author around the time that I wrote this review, and then she had no plans of furthering the series. I don't know if she has changed her mind since then.