Crystal's Reviews > For Women Only: What You Need to Know about the Inner Lives of Men

For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn

Apr 27, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: 2011, book-sneeze
Read from April 27 to May 27, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For Women Only.

Crystal This is one of those books that I'm honestly not sure how I feel about. I have always been the kind of person that tries to prove statistics wrong, so as I read this book I was constantly thinking about just how accurate the statistics were.

Each time I'd come across a new question, I'd turn to my husband and say "Hey honey, which answer would you pick?" And wouldn't you know, just about every time he would prove the statistic right. Ugh!

Perhaps the thing that annoyed me most about this book is that the whole thing is based on the premise that there are certain things men just won't tell women. I found that when I asked the questions, he was totally willing to answer me openly and honestly. In fact, there was hardly ever a time that the question asked didn't spark lots of very interesting conversations. Things that had happened in our past, thoughts about our families growing up, things that had happened in the past week, and a few new revelations about how we interact with one another.

It's laced with stereotypes and gender role expectations, and is not a book that I would recommend you reading in hopes of "getting all the answers" about the men in your life. However, I do think it can spark some interesting conversation between you and that super special guy - and it just might help you understand each other a little better.