Jess's Reviews > Vanish

3820960
Aug 27, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read from August 24 to 27, 2011 — I own a copy

"It's a feathery kiss, lips brushing, grazing, tasting, almost as if we were afraid of startling each other. And we are."

Could.Not.Put.It.Down! I was soooo excited when NetGalley approved me to review Vanish. I loved Firelight, and I was hoping that Vanish wouldn't disappoint; because I know how some sequels can be a let down if the first was incredible. But lucky for me, Vanish was brilliant. Actually better than Firelight. Yeah, I know.

Sophie Jordan, has an incredible imagination, and her world building in this book was beautiful. I really enjoyed reading into the life of the pride; to get a sense of what goes on behind all the mist that Nidia creates.

It felt great to get back into the story like it was like Firelight never finished, you ease yourself nicely into the next story and you instantly rebuild the connection you previously had with Jacinda. If anything Jacinda is a lot stronger in this than previously in Firelight, I was always connected to Jacinda, and even more so in Vanish, when she was happy I'd be happy, when she was sad, I'd be sad, when she was angry...well you get the gist. I felt a lot more emotion to her sister Tamra this time around especially after what happened to her at the start. Previous characters like Cassian redeemed themselves in this one. In Firelight I came to the conclusion that he was a jerk, and I didn't like him, but I was so, so wrong. There's nothing jerky about him at all. I found myself falling for him really hard and I'm still oh so confused about him and Will. Although there was less Will than we like, Cassian managed to fill that missing Will part. Of course when Will was around it was great, but I never forgot Cassian, and I never will.

Anyway, I knew there'd be some sort of cliffy at the end, but it wasn't major as I saw it coming, and I really do need book 3, there's no news on the name or release but I want it!

I thoroughly enjoyed Vanish it was a great continuation to Firelight and I can't wait for book 3.

I'd just like to thank NetGalley for allowing me to review this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vanish.

08/25/2011
47.0% "Cassian...Will...Cassian...Will. Decisions, decisions...*le sigh*" 1 comment

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Donna {Book Passion for Life} I was like that! I warmed to Cassian a lot more in this one but I still think Will! :)

Lindsey  {Lindsey's Bookshelf} I loved Cassian in this.

Jess Me too. I really fell for him.

Amber same here!!! Cassian got some major brownie points from me. Will on the other hand...was bleh