Zeek's Reviews > Kept

Kept by Carolyn Faulkner

Apr 27, 11

bookshelves: smut, kindle
Read in March, 2010

A naughty little story that actually ends up being just as- if not more- romantic than erotic, Kept is about a woman who comes out of the worst year of her life into a relationship with a man that begins as one thing and ends as something else all together.

When Tricia Barton meets her cousin’s boss, she’s instantly attracted to his alpha male demeanor. But billionaire Reed Douglas couldn’t possibly want a staid school teacher like Tricia so she immediately dismisses him- until, unbeknownst to her, he overhears Tricia informing her cousin she's decided she wants to become a kept woman. When he approaches her with an offer, she’s floored… and intrigued. Eventually agreeing to become his mistress for hire, she's adamant about the fact that this is all business- no matter what her heart is telling her.

Although Reed wants more, he’s willing to take her on her terms- little does he know that more than his money, and libido, are on the line, because this transaction is gonna steal his heart!

Though there is a little bit of dominance in this one as well as good amount of “spanking kink”, I was surprised to find I cared more about the character development than I usually expect from erotica such as this.

Still the ending was rather abrupt and it just wasnt long enough to suit my tastes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kept.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barks & Bites (new)

Barks & Bites Most of these aren't long enough for me either. I guess I'm just not a novella person.

Zeek i know I'm not- I guess i shouldnt even bother anymore. :/

message 3: by Barks & Bites (new)

Barks & Bites I'm starting to feel the same way.

message 4: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Those are some rosy cheeks on that cover :-)