Brian's Reviews > The Most Human Human: What Talking with Computers Teaches Us About What It Means to Be Alive

The Most Human Human by Brian Christian
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Most Human Human.

Quotes Brian Liked

Brian Christian
“When I fight off a disease bent on my cellular destruction, when I marvelously distribute energy and collect waste with astonishing alacrity even in my most seemingly fatigued moments, when I slip on ice and gyrate crazily but do not fall, when I unconsciously counter-steer my way into a sharp bicycle turn, taking advantage of physics I do not understand using a technique I am not even aware of using, when I somehow catch the dropped oranges before I know I've dropped them, when my wounds heal in my ignorance, I realize how much bigger I am than I think I am. And how much more important, nine times out of ten, those lower-level processes are to my overall well-being than the higher-level ones that tend to be the ones getting me bent out of shape or making me feel disappointed or proud.”
Brian Christian, The Most Human Human: What Talking with Computers Teaches Us About What It Means to Be Alive

Brian Christian
“To be human is to be 'a' human, a specific person with a life history and idiosyncrasy and point of view; artificial intelligence suggest that the line between intelligent machines and people blurs most when a puree is made of that identity.”

04/27 page 29
9.0% "Twenty-nine pages in, 29 amazing pages read."
06/08 page 29
9.0% "I gave up on it till I could buy my own copy. Too much of wanting to write in the margins."
05/11 marked as: read