Adam Alexander's Reviews > Stupid Fast

Stupid Fast
Geoff Herbach
Realistic Fiction
ISBN: 1402256302

A refreshing mystery about the battles that a young male goes through while trying to find his true self. Felton Reinstein finds himself having an uncontrollable appetite while his body goes through drastic changes. Felton learns that he can run. . . FAST! His gym teacher, which just happens to be the Varsity Football Coach, instantly notices Felton's amazing speed and recruits him hard. Before football Felton was just another "nobody" that was never noticed. He was content with not having a girlfriend and his family life at home but now that he is growing, his life starts to change for the better and for the worse. Felton needs to rediscover his past to understand what is going on and to make things right.

Stupid Fast is honestly one of the top 3 books I have ever read. It seriously made me laugh out loud. I would get dirty looks from old ladies at Borders because I would constantly chuckle and start to annoy them. Felton's little brother, Andrew, was particularly funny because he would just say anything that was on his mind and he would go above and beyond to get his mother's attention. I also liked that it wasn't only funny. The serious emotions and the suspense of uncovering the mystery kept me turning the pages, even when I had more important things to do like homework. I think other readers will appreciate Herbach's combination of humor and suspense and I can't wait until the book is published in June so more readers have the privilege of being sucked into Stupid Fast. I recommend this book to mid-level readers up to young adults.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stupid Fast.