Fangtasia's Reviews > The Telling

The Telling by Eden Winters

Apr 27, 2011

Read from April 26 to 27, 2011

Extremely good depiction of the ravages war causes in our society, as part of a sweet m/m romance. Add war damage to DADT, small-town dynamics and an ex-stepfather from hell, and you have the recipe for one messed-up man. Yet, the main character in this story is a pure soul and his innate goodness attracts another pure soul to him, even before they meet in person.

The author writes a beautiful story with believable characters. I'm pretty sure we all know people like that in real life. In an ocean of m/m romance stories involving soldiers, most of which tend to be either too dark or not accurate, 'The Telling' strikes the perfect balance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Telling.

message 1: by Eden (new) - added it

Eden Winters I'm so glad you enjoyed Jay and Micheal's HEA. Have you read the short sequel, Night Watch, that takes place a year later?

Fangtasia Actually, no, though I'm thinking about it and put it on my 'to-read' shelf. It's only 33 pages, which will only whet my appetite and then leave me hungry. Also, it's not available in Kindle format from Amazon, which is my preferred method of reading. Let's see if my curiosity for the story gets the better of me and I get it anyway. Thanks, Eden, for the comment and suggestion.