Jennifer's Reviews > The Walking Dead, Vol. 11: Fear the Hunters

The Walking Dead, Vol. 11 by Robert Kirkman

Apr 26, 2011

bookshelves: para-zombies
Read on July 25, 2011

While reading Fear the Hunters, I was constantly impressed with Robert Kirkman's ability to bounce back. The past few volumes, ever since Made to Suffer, had trouble getting anywhere near the shock and carnage that came before. Fear the Hunters finally gets us back to the gore and mayhem we've been craving.

As eluded to at the end of What We Become, the twins have a super creepy story line of their own. And like all good plot twists, it really makes you think - What would you do in this situation? The characters debate as they always do, showing all sides of the argument, but The Walking Dead stays true to form by going in an outrageous, yet completely foreseeable result that makes all arguments moot.

In another stunning twist, Dale is kidnapped for reasons you'll never imagine, but too make sense when considered. Even better is Dale's reaction to his situation. Rick and Abraham take care of business, doing what has to be done to keep their people safe. There is an awesome double page illustration of the group after dealing this the problem that perfectly captures Andrea's mindset changing towards the others while exhibiting the priests horror.

Predictably, Rick gets a bit guilt-ridden towards the end. This is becoming a common and completely grating occurrence. At least this time around, it provokes a shocking (to Rick, at least) confession. Unfortunately, this confession will provide many more instances of Rick bemoaning what the world has come to in future volumes.

Fear the Hunters proves that Robert Kirkman has still got it and there is much more to tell in The Walking Dead saga. I can't wait for more.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Walking Dead, Vol. 11.

04/22/2016 marked as: read