Blair Smith's Reviews > The Crimson Pact Volume One

The Crimson Pact Volume One by Paul Genesse

F 50x66
Apr 26, 11

The Crimson Pact is an anthology that introduces a group of humans who have vowed to destroy demons that have escaped their world to wreck havoc in other worlds. All the stories share a common theme, but each author showcased has brought their own unique creativity to the table and has created different worlds and situations. I would even go as far as say that this book is a great blend of genres. I have read my fair share of anthologies, but this book truly is unique in that all the stories have the same basic background, but the authors are allowed free reign on where they want to take the story. Most Anthologies share a common genre but this book shares a common background.

All the stories were well written, some characters were more developed than others, but this is the first book and we will hopefully see more to come. All the story lines were well developed with just enough wit and charms to keep the reader interested. I did enjoy the book, and hope that the authors do not take to long in getting the full books or second installment out in stores soon.

There are a total of 26 short stories in the book, and they range from present day to futuristic, horror to sci-fy. I would recommend this book to people who are looking for new authors, new genres or even if you just want to read something different.

Enjoy-

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Crimson Pact Volume One.